from lawn to fresh veggies in a few simple steps
See below if you are an urban farmer looking for a place to farm!
Help guide a teen to a Summer (or, forever) job!
Here’s how you can get started!
- Print out or create a “Farm My Yard” Sign (make PDF)
- Place sign in a visible place
- Potential neighbor/farmer is attracted to farming your yard
- Use agreement below to guide your conversation
- Your yard gets farmed, everyone wins!
- If you’re an urban farmer – use the Iamanurbanfarmer document PDF and offer your services to your neighbors!
- Sign up for our newsletter for updates
- Find us on Facebook!
The idea: create easy ways for homeowners to offer their yards to those who would like areas to farm/cultivate. We now have signs that can be downloaded from this site, and below please find sample agreements for you and your farmer to discuss and agree to.The first agreement is legalistic and complete, the second simpler.
Here are two documents which also might be helpful – your comments are welcome (remove underline)!
- What to expect as a homeowner/landowner when you try out Farm My Yard: Draftforhomeowner
- For the urban farmer to pass out to neighbors – a way to source your yard to farm! Iamanurbanfarmer
- Logos/design work
- More simple sign designs of different sizes which will be downloaded by anyone to post on a person’s lawn (Spanish and other language versions welcome, too)
- People to spread the word about this idea far and wide
- More simple agreements that homeowners/farmers can make use of.
- Donations to make things go (see Paypal Link on sidebar)!