How Farm My Yard Works!
from lawn to fresh veggies in a few simple steps
See below if you are an urban farmer looking for a place to farm!
- Print out or Buy “Farm My Yard” Sign
- Place sign in a visible place
- Potential neighbor/farmer is attracted to farming your yard
- Use agreement which comes with sign, or use one provided below
- Your yard gets farmed, everyone wins!
- If you’re an urban farmer – use the IamanurbanfarmerÂ document and offer your services to your neighbors! Â
The idea: create easy ways for homeowners to offer their yards to those who would like areas to farm/cultivate. We now have signs that can be downloaded from this site, and below please find sample agreements for you and your farmer to discuss and agree to.The first agreement Â is legalistic and complete, the second simpler.
- Yard Use Agreement for growing season 2012-2013
- 2012 Land Share Agreement – Urban Farm Collective, Portland, Oregon
Here are two documents which also might be helpful – both are drafts – your comments areÂ welcome!
- What to expect as a homeowner/landowner when you try out Farm My Yard:Â Draftforhomeowner
- For the urban farmer to pass out to neighbors – a way to source your yard to farm!Â Iamanurbanfarmer
- Logos/design work
- More simple sign designs of different sizes which will be downloaded by anyone to post on a person’s lawn (Spanish and other language versions welcome, too)
- People to spread the word about this idea far and wide
- More simple agreements that homeowners/farmers can make use of.
- Donations to make things go (see Paypal Link on sidebar)!