CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS
Help us make a difference in our community.
Welcome to the first Farm My Yard newsletter. You signed up a while back and if you no longer want to receive these – please unsubscribe below. That said – welcome aboard!
I started Farm My Yard a couple years ago – by building a website, starting a FB fan page and also a Twitter account. That has led to some press, and a few people who wanted to see Farm My Yard take off. We had a sign design contest! I held a sign-making party for my birthday in a community garden I helped start which was a blast. And, are you hearing a pattern here? The pattern is the word “I”. And, I realize that I can’t do this alone and so I am reaching out to
If you love the idea of Farm My Yard and the revolution this could spark if urban farmers and landowners they lived near were brought together – if every lawn were turned into a garden – and if we all learned a ton more about how to grow, pick and enjoy eating our own food, fruit, nuts, and more. If you love the idea here are some ideas on helpful actions:
- tell your friends about it
- ask them to sign up for our newletter
- become a guest contributor to the newsletter
- write in something for the website
- share this newletter URL on social media – click the social links above, or view the newsletter in a browser and share that URL
- donate money to the cause – I will spend your donation to print up signs and possibly pay an app developer
- Be the app developer 🙂 Or, join our team of 1 🙂 (not me, actually someone just stepped up to take that on 🙂
- Create a sign
- Put it in your yard – and see what happens!!! I’d love to see pictures, hear the story and post them on-line for folks to see!
So, yeah, I’d love to hear from you with offers of help.
You can even post that this effort is looking for support and an infusion of energy!
And, if you want to see some folks who are using the web to get the word out about urban farming in a big way – check out The Urban Farm in Phoenix and join their email list. Greg is doing incredible things and you’ll learn tons!
That’s it for today. I hope your planting/planning for Spring is going well. And that you are thriving in 2014.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Farm My Yard
Become An Admin on the Facebook Fan Page
We all want to see more carrot love
You can get involved – I promise to make it fun
Volunteering allows you to follow your passion while contributing to a cause that’s important to you. Learn more.
Follow us on Twitter
We’re all in this together. And volunteering is a great way to meet and get to know others in your community. So true Learn more.
The work you do and the things you accomplish when you volunteer have a huge impact on our local community. Contact me!.